Powered by Invision Power Board

Страницы: (3) 1 [2] 3   ( Перейти к первому непрочитанному сообщению ) ОтветитьНовая темаСоздать опрос

> Pop Star on Ice!, статьи и интервью
Qwessta
Отправлено: Июл 9 2009, 00:27
Цитата

Личный астролог фигуристов

Из: Jerusalem
Статус: Member Offline

Болею за: талант

--------------------
http://qwessta.livejournal.com/profile

Никогда ничего не просите. В особенности у тех, кто сильнее Вас... ©

Никогда и ничего не бояться! Это неразумно. (с)
PMEmail PosterWWWICQ
tusjka
Отправлено: Июл 9 2009, 00:47
Цитата

аксакал

Из: Москва

Болею за: Джонни Вейр

I’m planning on attending,

Ждем отчет.

Я так понимаю в ЛА это будет уже последний показ?

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Qwessta
Отправлено: Июл 9 2009, 00:54
Цитата

QUOTE (tusjka @ Сегодня, 00:47)
Я так понимаю в ЛА это будет уже последний показ?

Ты знаешь, там у Ангелов подробный пост об этом, но я что-то в их датах запуталась... unsure.gif

--------------------

PMEmail PosterWWWICQ
tusjka
Отправлено: Июл 9 2009, 01:06
Цитата

аксакал

Qwessta,
по крайней мере на сайте фильма 12 июля - последняя дата.

Мантра: выпустите ДВД к августу, ну пожалуйста!!!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
tusjka
Отправлено: Июл 12 2009, 01:29
Цитата

аксакал

Сегодня в Филадельфии
I went to screening in Philly. There wasn't full house, maybe because of early hour but nice atmosphere. There was Q&A session after the screening but it had to be short because another movie was on schedule.

Johnny was there, he was in good mood, talking to people before the film and taking pictures, he welcomed everybody briefly before the screening started. I saw him the first time. He wore some usual weird clothes, something black and sparkling with shorts.  . He looked quite healthy and cute but he said that he needs to lose a few pounds which was a bit scary becuase he's very thin . He has beautiful voice and is very outspoken, a bit diva he is (even more in the film) .

He talked about the judging and how political it can be, that the sport is subjective and there's a lot of politicing going on between the judges. He said that his new programs are ready and his coach is happy with it, his training going well and he's not injured.
About Evan he said they have alliance together against skaters from other clubs , and that Evan is generally supportive of the film but he doesn't know if he saw it. In the film Evan is presented a bit like dark character but it is rather funny. Johnny talked well about Evan, there were more questions about him and the tiebreaker in 2008.
The most interesting part was when he talked about how skating world is pretty intolerant of people who want to be different for whatever the reason and it's difficult to stand your grand in front of the judges, the judges are very conservative and it's like the world for the wealthy white conservatives (he used WASP analogy), everybody is expected to be perfect, not cross the line. He talked how lonely it can feel to train and be on the ice, even more with all the people around.
There was a question about his former coach Priscilla and Johnny said their relation is not like it used to be, they don't have much contact. Priscilla is the second major character in the movie.
Sorry, I don't remember all questions well and English is not my first language. Maybe someone else will give better report.

The film itself was quite well produced. Chronology was a bit chaiotic, they start with the Olympics and then go back. Off the ice parts are really not my cup of tea, a bit weird coverage with Johnny's friend, very little about his family. My favorite scene was when Johnny visits his elementary school and meets his teachers, very cute. The "skating part" was interesting, too much explanations for someone who knows the story but it is good thing to do for non-skating viewers. I was bit dissapointed there was not more footage about other skaters and skating community but it's understandable this is Johnny's story. The main part of the story is about his realtionship with his coach Priscilla Hill.
The soundtrack is beautifull (he should skate to this instead boring music he used lately ) and the footage from practice was the best part of the film. Johnny's skating really shines on big screen, especiallly without his sparkly costumes. One must think why he can never put it all together. Kurt Browning talks how talented he is and that he is envious. .

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Qwessta
Отправлено: Июл 12 2009, 02:11
Цитата

QUOTE (tusjka @ Сегодня, 01:29)
He wore some usual weird clothes, something black and sparkling with shorts.  .

mda.gif

--------------------

PMEmail PosterWWWICQ
Рыбка
Отправлено: Июл 12 2009, 15:18
Цитата

Волшебница!

Болею за: Алексея Ягудина

это его новая прическа?
в шортиках, ну прям мальчик-зайчик user posted image
PMEmail Poster
скейт_америка
Отправлено: Июл 12 2009, 15:45
Цитата

коренной житель

Из: Saint-Petersburg

Болею за: Джонни, Эвана и Томаша

QUOTE (tusjka @ Сегодня, 01:29)
About Evan he said they have alliance together against skaters from other clubs , and that Evan is generally supportive of the film but he doesn't know if he saw it. In the film Evan is presented a bit like dark character but it is rather funny. Johnny talked well about Evan, there were more questions about him and the tiebreaker in 2008.

обхохочшься pod_stolom.gif pod_stolom.gif

--------------------
Не роняй меня с неба на землю...с невозможной своей высоты..
PMEmail PosterWWWICQ
_me_
Отправлено: Июл 12 2009, 23:15
Цитата

борец за справедливость

Болею за: Кевина (!!), Райана, Сэма и немного за Витю (угадайте!)

костюмчик - как всегда бешеный. clap.gif
верх - "хочу быть Элвисом Пресли"
низ - своровал у пионеров
biggrin.gif
He said that his new programs are ready and his coach is happy with it, his training going well and he's not injured.

бедный! радуется тому, что нет травм... cray.gif
как-то это странно немного

About Evan he said they have alliance together against skaters from other clubs , and that Evan is generally supportive of the film but he doesn't know if he saw it. In the film Evan is presented a bit like dark character but it is rather funny. J

чего-чего? против кого у них союз? против других клубов? а ничего, что они сами их разных или это намек мОлодежи, чтобы не лезли перед ОИ куда не просят? банда Закрайчека держись! вам страшно?
user posted image user posted image
агаЛайс фильма не видел, но поддерживает pod_stolom.gif ну-ну crazy.gif
The most interesting part was when he talked about how skating world is pretty intolerant of people who want to be different for whatever the reason and it's difficult to stand your grand in front of the judges, the judges are very conservative and it's like the world for the wealthy white conservatives (he used WASP analogy), everybody is expected to be perfect, not cross the line.

ну знаешь ли Джонни, это не только в мире ФК, а вообще по жизни так...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQlyjHuDHMw...re=channel_page

--------------------
Haters to the left!
Что проще - не пить или не курить?
Не жить.. (с)

У нее в жизни была одна любовь - американские одиночники
PMEmail Poster
_me_
Отправлено: Июл 12 2009, 23:31
Цитата

борец за справедливость

Болею за: Кевина (!!), Райана, Сэма и немного за Витю (угадайте!)

в Россию опять собирается...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88_RcyoW20M

--------------------
Haters to the left!
Что проще - не пить или не курить?
Не жить.. (с)

У нее в жизни была одна любовь - американские одиночники
PMEmail Poster
Qwessta
Отправлено: Июл 13 2009, 02:08
Цитата

--------------------

PMEmail PosterWWWICQ
tusjka
Отправлено: Июл 13 2009, 09:35
Цитата

аксакал

Ангелы в ЛА фильм посмотрели
sunshineskate
Just returned from the LA premiere and it defintely helped quench the "johnny fix" that we all start to feel during the off season. It was much more emotional for me than I anticipated, having followed his skating over the same timeline that the film depicts, and I must say that I contribute that to the beautiful art of story telling that the filmakers captured in this piece. Johnny, as expected, is a wonderful personality to follow, but it is the moments of silence and the essence of the openness of what Johnny is going through emotionally *good times and bad* that made this film so moving for me. We've all seen (as much as the networks or youtube clips allow) the kiss and cry moments and the media tinted perspective with press interviews and quotes, but to really watch this documentary and know that this is how those closest to Johnny, and in turn, himself, experienced these life moments was amazing. To also then consider, that none of this journey (nor the series on sundance and the road to hopeful olympics), can be scripted or even predicted, it truly takes a keen eye and sensitivity to follow the unknown path as it unfolds. All the while being sure to tell the truth, as wonderous or heartbreaking as it may be, is a true gift to us all. It's not just about Johnny, it's not just about figure skating, it's really about life and passion...and the directors do an admirable job to make this film relate-able to the casual fan or this die-hard "Angel" sitting in the audience in total awe of the talent that was on display, both on and off the camera.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
tusjka
Отправлено: Июл 13 2009, 09:36
Цитата

аксакал

и mspatti
I also just returned from the "Pop Star on Ice" premiere in LA. I went with a friend and my step daughter, Emily, both of whom enjoy skating but are not particularily fans. They know Michelle Kwan and Kristi what's-her-name, but they had not heard of Johnny and knew nothing about him. I marketed it to them as an ed. class in who to cheer for at the Olympics and I am pleased to say that after the film, they are now Johnny maniacs. Held at the Director's Guild Theater in the heart of Hollywood, the film attracted many industry people as well as film students, skating people, Outfest people and Johnny fans. By the time the film started, the theater was close to full. Many people seemed to know what they were about to see and cheered as it began.

The movie appealed to this rather diverse audience because it shows a real person and Johnny is a such a wondeful kalidescope of multi colors and dimensions. He is absolutely fearless in allowing us into his world where we see the good, the bad, the pretty, the ugly, the funny and the perulant, real laughter and real tears ...in short a real human being. His likeablilty factor is huge. For us, in large part this comes from his tremendous talent and personality but also from the fact that he is not afraid to skate on very thin ice in a very conservative arena. James and David turn their camera on his angelic face but also on the fierce intelligence and sharp wit that go with it. He is always himself and you end up liking him all the better for being so.

The directors mirrior Johnny's quirky personlaity by using their own quirky graphics: a clever timeline to tie competition seasons and places together and newspaper headlines from "Daily Weir" to cover the results. This organizes the film and makes it easy to follow, even for those, like my guests, who had no prior knowlege of Johnny or skating. The competion coverage was exciting even for those of us who had seen it before, but I think the practice sessions were the most interesting. Along with a fashion show of every color top you can imagine, these scenes uncover the lonliness Johnny has expressed; he rises and falls on his own training, talent and how he feels on that particular day. In the end it is always a sparkly boy standing alone. Sometimes it looks terribly painful, both physically and emotionally, for Johnny and for Priscilla, his first coach. It becomes very clear that he must draw on tremendous mental toughness to come back day after day and persevere no matter what happend the day before, the week before, the year before. The decision to keep going after a disappointing season also highlights his determination and pure love for his sport. As the film goes on, our admiration for his relisilance was overwhelming.

Some our favorite moments included the famous bathtub scene, the Russian accent complete with Russian body language, Johnny's predilicton for "inappropriate" analogies (Emily is still snickering at the "shot of vodka, snort of cocaine" reference to an opponent's program) and what we have coined as the "stink eye" scene where Evan is droning on and on and the camera catches our boy with his undisguised feelings all over his face. That one brought down the house! By the way, I do not think Evan comes off badly. His is a different style and heaven knows it would be very hard to stand up next to Johnny where words and a camera are concerned.

There is a wonderful vignette with Galina, filmed when Johnny first started working with her. Johnny is unhappy with something he has done. The old rebellious reaction, the one he used to pull with Priscilla, kicks in and it seems that he is about to turn away. He doesn't get the chance because Galina goes all Soviet on him, saying something like "Where are you going? Go do that again!" This is where we see him beign to harness the self disipline; life with Galina is going to be a different equation.

Speaking of "you either love him or hate him", Johnny's friend Paris is a real polarizer. I found him hilarious. He keeps Johnny from taking things too seriously, but some others thought he was a negative influence in that he could be a distraction. I also enjoyed Johnny's grade school teacher who loved him as a little boy who was always himself, and obviously loves him still. Much has been said about Johnny's relationship with Priscilla Hill and their breakup is terribly sad. I hope someday that they can find their way back to a friendship of equals.

At the end James and David had a brief question and answer session. James briefly outlined the 2009 Season with the Grand Prix successes, Johnny's illnesses and his disappointing Nationals. James said that Johnny would not ask for a bye but competed despite losing two weeks of practice because of sickness. They both feel that Johnny is so interesting to follow and film because he can't be catogorized. While they never know what he will do next, they know he will do it with competence and spirit and it will be both unique and interesting. I thnk it was James who pointed out that Johnny seems to rise to his finest when he is coming back from a disapointment and that's where he is now...focused and fighting! It was obvious that they have great affection and respect for their subject. The management had to come in and ask us to leave because the audience had arrived for the next film; I think the Q and A would have continued but for this.

Both James and David were in the lobby after the show. They were very friendly and look exactly like their photos. Actually, I think David looks better since he has let his hair grow a bit and it looks good on him. I was also lucky to talk with Jennifer Kirk for a few moments about her blog and especially her article on bullimia. As sunshineskate said, this film is about "life and passion." I hope everyone will get to see it whether in the theater or on DVD. It really is extraordinary.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
tusjka
Отправлено: Июл 13 2009, 22:58
Цитата

аксакал

Johnny Weir Film - Pop Star on Ice
Hi all. I don't post often, but wanted to give a quick review of the Johnny Weir documentary "Pop Star on Ice".
It screened yesterday at OutFest, an annual gay and lesbian film festival in Los Angeles. The screening was held in a beautiful theater at the Directors Guild of America headquarters in Hollywood.
There was a nice crowd, probably around 200 people. Derrick Delmore and Angela Nikodinov were in the audience, and there were rumors of Jennifer Kirk being there, but I didn't see her.
I'm sure many of you will check it out on DVD, but I would highly recommend seeing in on the big screen. His jumps are so breathtaking in such a large format!
We finally get to see this Paris guy that he always talks about! He and Paris seem to have a lot of fun together, and I think the film dispels any rumors that the two are a couple. Seems like they're just friends. Paris definitely stole the show!
The film focuses on Johnny's career through his bronze medal win at Worlds 2008. There just wasn't enough time to get the 2008-2009 season in there. Fortunately, the directors were at the screening and they explained that the forthcoming season will be covered on the Johnny Weir series on Sundance Channel this fall. I can't wait.
There were some amazing insights into his relationship with Priscilla Hill. She seems like a hoot and a wonderful coach, and it's clear from the footage that she and Johnny have nothing but warm feelings for each other.
I feel that the media portrays Johnny as a hothead, but the film shows how cool and icy he can be when things get tough. He certainly doesn't throw any diva-fits. He's much more introverted than I previously thought.
Fun bits: Johnny doing quad salchows, 3lutz-3toe-3loop, Johnny falling on 3flip over and over.
The film made me appreciate Johnny as a skater and public figure more than I had before. I hope you all check it out!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
tusjka
Отправлено: Июл 14 2009, 00:28
Цитата

аксакал

Премьера в Нью-Йорке
Вопросы - ответы плюс интервью с Джонни, Пэрисом и Джеймсом.

http://www.thefilmpanelnotetaker.com/label...nny%20Weir.html

bang.gif bang.gif bang.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Qwessta
Отправлено: Июл 14 2009, 06:56
Цитата

QUOTE (tusjka @ Июл 14 2009, 00:28)
Премьера в Нью-Йорке
Вопросы - ответы плюс интервью с Джонни, Пэрисом и Джеймсом.

http://www.thefilmpanelnotetaker.com/label...nny%20Weir.html

bang.gif bang.gif bang.gif

Не поняла, почему - bang.gif ???

вот еще - из ЛА:

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showpost....540&postcount=1

--------------------

PMEmail PosterWWWICQ
tusjka
Отправлено: Июл 14 2009, 11:49
Цитата

аксакал

QUOTE (Qwessta @ Июл 14 2009, 07:56)
bang.gif bang.gif bang.gif [/QUOTE]
Не поняла, почему - bang.gif ???

они все множатся и множатся.... Читать не успеваю.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Qwessta
Отправлено: Июл 14 2009, 18:53
Цитата

QUOTE (tusjka @ Сегодня, 11:49)
они все множатся и множатся.... Читать не успеваю

ну да... и еще продлили показы фестивальные!

AUGUST
                       Best of NewFest @ BAM
AUGUST 29 Rose Cinemas, Brooklyn, NY

--------------------

PMEmail PosterWWWICQ
tusjka
Отправлено: Июл 14 2009, 20:03
Цитата

аксакал

Так вот почему его в Россию отравляют! Чтоб по премьерам не шатался. no.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
tusjka
Отправлено: Июл 15 2009, 20:05
Цитата

аксакал

Премьера фильма в ЛА. Статья от Jennifer Kirk http://trueslant.com/jenniferkirk/2009/07/...eview/#more-187

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Qwessta
Отправлено: Авг 3 2009, 12:49
Цитата

Giovanni Spinelli, composer of Pop Star On Ice: This film needed a rap song

http://www.lifeskate.com/skate/2009/08/gio...-interview.html

интервью с Джованни Спинелли, композитором фильма.
Если никто не переведет, попробую вечером...

--------------------

PMEmail PosterWWWICQ
Qwessta
Отправлено: Авг 3 2009, 21:15
Цитата

QUOTE (Qwessta @ Сегодня, 12:49)
Если никто не переведет, попробую вечером...

нет, не попробую... появилось интервью с Джонни, вот его лучше попробую...

http://www.ifsmagazine.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1813

... если конечно, добрые люди не опередят... вот бы worthy.gif

--------------------

PMEmail PosterWWWICQ
Qwessta
Отправлено: Авг 30 2009, 09:07
Цитата

Just a quick note ----I finally saw this movie! It gets 3 stars out of 4. Johnny was there,in Brooklyn, looking good in black capris, silver shirt with silver sparkly stars, black textured jacket, shiny black shoes-no socks. He has a new haircut, a very cute bedhead. Oh by the way, he looked fit and healthy and happy.

I got a hug and a chance to talk to him after the moves--I'll reivew it properly later.

--------------------

PMEmail PosterWWWICQ
tusjka
Отправлено: Авг 30 2009, 12:32
Цитата

аксакал

ааа...... представила себе наряд Вейера. Обнять и плакать. friends.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Qwessta
Отправлено: Авг 31 2009, 22:09
Цитата

Впечатление очевидца со вчерашнего показа в Бруклине.

Скрытый текст
Для просмотра этого блока необходима регистрация

--------------------

PMEmail PosterWWWICQ
Qwessta
Отправлено: Окт 1 2009, 22:19
Цитата

Еще одна статья про фильм.
Пока даже не читала.

http://www.vueweekly.com/article.php?id=13271

--------------------

PMEmail PosterWWWICQ
Natik
Отправлено: Окт 1 2009, 22:22
Цитата

предпоследний романтик

Болею за: Всемогущего

Qwessta, я тебе поверила.... cray.gif читать пошла... А там нерусские буковки... user posted image user posted image

--------------------
Нах нам ваш сугроб?!!!! У нас медалей столько, что вешать некуда!!!!user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Qwessta
Отправлено: Окт 1 2009, 22:29
Цитата

QUOTE (Natik @ Сегодня, 21:22)
А там нерусские буковки...

ха... были б там русские буковки, я бы и сама уже прочитала biggrin.gif
а так переводить надо... я попробую... завтра... yes.gif

--------------------

PMEmail PosterWWWICQ
Natik
Отправлено: Окт 1 2009, 22:46
Цитата

предпоследний романтик

Болею за: Всемогущего

Qwessta, ждем-с!!! user posted image

--------------------
Нах нам ваш сугроб?!!!! У нас медалей столько, что вешать некуда!!!!user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Qwessta
Отправлено: Окт 1 2009, 23:15
Цитата

Natik, почитала... мне не потянуть, текст сложный. Если где-нибудь появится перевод, ссылку принесу.
yes.gif

--------------------

PMEmail PosterWWWICQ
0 Пользователей читают эту тему (0 Гостей и 0 Скрытых Пользователей)
0 Пользователей:

Topic Options Страницы: (3) 1 [2] 3  ОтветитьНовая темаСоздать опрос

Текстовая версия